Friday, August 20, 2010

What is a Critter?!

Ian Sands seems like a very cool person. He makes public, interactive art in North Carolina. Like, his art is on the side of a bus. Or, you might be walking down near the water in and see this, that Ian made:

That would make me so happy. Someone did public art in the Huron River here in Ann Arbor, but it was all rusty wires and then it blew away in a tornado. Sad.

Anyway, Ian started a project called the Lost Critter project. He made a lot of Critters and then set them free...


Christy Evers is also a cool person. She writes books for kids. You may know her around Jacqui's Room as the eternally encouraging commenter C.R. Evers.

Now, somehow, Christy got a hold of a particularly cute Critter:

She is sending him all over the real world to visit children's writers. At the end of his travels, Christy is going to auction Critter off and donate the proceeds to charity (I told you she was nice).

And now, this week, Critter is in my house. I got him in a padded envelope along with the directions to "have fun" and a hint that Christy expected "mischief."


Mischief? Me? Stay tuned...

5 comments:

cath c said...

what a fun distraction from writing! lol!

hmmm, i see him stealing a slice of pizza, or a snickerdoodle.

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, I love Ian Sands. I bought a piece of his art called DinoCow and it is hanging in my house!

C.R. Evers said...

YaY!!! In a house full of Tink, Captain Destructo and . . . well, you, mischief has to be in the plans! :0)

Can't wait to hear more!

Jacqui said...

cath, it is a fun distraction. But he was much worse than pizza...

Corey, he is adorable. My kids call him "the blue cow" and coo all over him.

Christy, I *hope* Blogger solves its beef with my video!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there will be Critter adventures to read about in the posts I'm catching up on.