Thursday, April 16, 2009

More shark story, please

Which I hope makes you giggle like it does me.

Don't read the article for this week's Thursday News of the Absurd Will Someone Please Write This Book Inspirational Moment (TNoftheAWSPWTBIM). It's actually sad. But the headline made me smile:

From the AP:

Rare megamouth shark caught, eaten in Philippines

Apparently, fishermen caught a 1,100-pound, 13-foot megamouth shark. It died and they ate it, despite the begging of a WWF guy on board. But forget that part. Just look at its name. The megamouth shark.

From the minute they caught it, it wouldn't shut up. Blah blah blah. Salty enough for ya in the ocean? Blah blah blah. What's a shark gotta to do get some krill around this place? Hey you over there! I gotta itch my fin.

Did you ever read Martha Speaks? I'm picturing that kind of endless chatter, or maybe the Eddie Murphy donkey from Shrek. The WWF guy is begging everyone to let the shark live, but in the end, even he can't take the constant yammering any more. Fricassee it is.

But I need a title, and a good name for the shark. I want some good puns. Can you help? And who will write me this book?

5 comments:

Diane T said...

I like the title CHOMP!

I'd come up with a name and a plot and everything, but I always have trouble FINishing my fish tales. It's just a mountain I can't SCALE.*

{ducks}

*ps: if you decide to write it in rhyme, remember that "dorsal" rhymes with "morsel"! Yum!

Jacqui said...

CHOMP is good. I was thinking a cover with a giant shark mouth close-up and MEGAMOUTH in movie sign letters across the top.

dorsal/morsel is genius. Horse'll?

Mary Witzl said...

'Chaws' -- that's what I'd call it. As in 'chews' but it sounds like, you know, the obvious...

(Sorry: I'm running on low ebb tonight. Need sleep.)

Jacqui said...

The idea of a book named CHAWS! makes me giggle.

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! I love the picture of the shark that you put in my head.

"what's a shark got to do to get some krill" LOL! :0)

Thnx for the giggles!