Friday, June 4, 2010

At Least She's Honest, part 2

We were punchy at bed time last night. A visit to the school end of year party, complete with cotton candy, Hawaiian Punch, and ice cream, will do that to you, especially if your mom usually controls your sugar intake enough that strawberries are dessert.

When it came time to tell stories, I told a whopper, the climax of which involved Tinkerbell convincing a gaggle of geese to rescue Destructo and her from the Huron River.

"How did they know what I was saying?" she asked.

"You spoke Geese, of course," I explained. "You learned it in Heb-goose school."

That got a good laugh from everyone. "Oh boy, " I admitted. "That's like the stupidest pun I've ever made."

"No, Mom," Tink assured me. "You've made lots of much stupider ones."

4 comments:

Ruth Donnelly said...

LOL! Kids tell it like they see it!

cath c said...

perfect.

Anonymous said...

LOL, how cute!

Mary Witzl said...

Your kids don't know how lucky they are! They've got a proper storyteller Mom first of all, and I can't believe your puns are anywhere near as bad as my husband's.