Monday, October 4, 2010

I, robot

We did it! Or, rather, you did it and I suffered the consequences (explanation here).

YOU donated almost $1,000 to help kids learn to write at 826michigan. I ran the Big House Big Heart 5K dressed like this:

Yes, faithful readers, those ARE dryer vents on my arms. They are surprisingly warm and inflexible. And yes, that button does say "Disco" and yes, I did disco whenever someone pressed it. Fortunately, only Tink thought to press it. Unfortunately, she did so about a million times.

And yes, I did appear in front of a gabillion people, up on the Jumbotron, but no, I could not take a picture because race officials would not let me stop in the race chute. But I gave a little dance anyway, because I am a woman of my word.

NOW, some of you are kicking yourselves because you forgot to click HERE and then on my name and donate. Good news! You can still do it. PLUS, someone has donated a free massage to the fundraiser who raises the most money and I have a chance of winning. But there is stiff competition, so get there by the final count Friday at noon! Donate now! I WANT MY MASSAGE, people.

But most of all, thank you. Thank you thank you thank you, from me and 826michigan and a ton of happily writing children. Thank you.

5 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

You are very brave and good to do this and I really hope you get your massage!

I want dryer vents on my arms. They sound warm and cozy, protection against the wind and rain, which we have a lot of here. I can take some loss of flexibility but I really need that warmth.

Jacqui said...

Thanks, Mary. They really were quite warm; when Tink stole them after the race, I was surprised at how cold it was!

Anonymous said...

Great running outfit. A one-of-a-kind. You did a great thing for the kids. Be proud of that picture and what you accomplished. Thanks for sharing!

Jacqui said...

Thanks, Susanne.

amanda said...

Jacqui, this is awesome! I'm so glad you were on our team this year! Way to go!