Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Everywhere Babies

In which I take a suggestion from the real world peanut gallery and begin recommending more picture books people might not know.




Everywhere Babies,
by Susan Meyers, illustrated by Marla Frazee

As if I needed more of a reason to love Marla Frazee, a friend handed Destructo this book at the library today. The rhyme is simple and sweet, but the illustrations are what shine. Destructo and I read it before his nap. It took us forty minutes because he wanted to examine every baby and report back on whether "my bigger dat baby" or "dat baby hab diaper!" I was equally enthralled.

If you have a baby, or a toddler, or a recently-a-baby or recently-a-toddler, or, well, just go check it out, okay?

2 comments:

Caren said...

I love this book! My son and I have read it many, many times. It's one he still likes even at age 5 and I like that they show all different kinds of people and families. So refreshing.

I found your blog by "googling" Everywhere Babies for a friend and I wanted to let you know that we also enjoy your book. We got it in a box of Cheerios, which I must say is the best kind of prize in a cereal box ever! I'll look for your next book.(even if it's not in a cereal box ;) ) My boy can never get enough reading.

Jacqui said...

Caren, welcome, and thanks! We are still loving Everywhere Babies too (and crossing our fingers about Two of a Kind and the Cheerios...).