Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why my children have no hope of being normal...

Part 357: the omen

...because I promised Tink we could do "Harry Potter camp," just she and I, this week. Today is Potions. I printed up a simple baking soda and water recipe in a fancy font and labeled it "Revealo Totalum." I told Tink we were going to learn a simple potion that you paint on a plain piece of paper to reveal secret messages, or the future.

Then last night, I snuck downstairs, took the "plain piece of paper" and, in vinegar, wrote "THE DARK LORD RISES! BEWARE! BE NICE TO YOUR MOTHER!"

Heh heh heh.

8 comments:

Mike Jung said...

That is THE BEST THING EVER.

cath c said...

thank you! (scurries off)

Diane T said...

Shucks, my son is too old to fall for that one. Unfortunately.

Anne M Leone said...

Will you adopt me?

Jacqui said...

You are all as warped as I am...

Brenda said...

lol...That is so cute...Hugs...

Anonymous said...

LOL. Wish I had little ones to do stuff like that with. My teenager would just give me weird looks and probably think I was off my rocker.
: )

Jacqui said...

Thanks, Lilfix.

Susanne, isn't that pretty standard anyway for teens?