Thursday, June 12, 2008

Exploding Chickens

In which I introduce our new weekly feature: the TNoftheAWSPWTBIM.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new weekly feature here in Jacqui's Room. Other blogs get to have features; why can't I?

So here it is, drum roll please, your Thursday News of the Absurd Will Someone Please Write This Book Inspirational Moment.*

From Yahoo News and the AP:

"The road was closed while the Hartford Police Department's bomb squad came and blew up the chicken."

Go ahead. Explain that one. I'm seeing middle grade chapter book, lots of chicken puns, maybe written in the style of Dav Pilkey?**

The full article doesn't provide many details. It does say, "Nobody was injured." Except the chicken.

Why would a raw chicken full of pipe bomb be sitting at the side of the road?

I guess that's one way to get to the other side...

*I am still working on the title; is TNoftheAWSPWTBIM too long an acronym?
** Just to be clear, I don't think bombs are funny, nor does Jacqui's Room condone the use of poultry for terrorist acts.

10 comments:

J. Thorp said...

I beg to differ. As a massive fan of classic Looney Tunes cartoons, I must insist that sometimes bombs are, in fact, funny.

Ever let your kids watch the classic old Bugs Bunnys, Roadrunners, etc.? Kids who watch cartoons today don't realize that cartoons are supposed to make you bust a gut. They chuckle at SpongeBob, maybe ... but show them Looney Tunes, and they laugh 'til they cry!

Bren and Gabe saw a $80+ DVD set of classic Looney Tunes cartoons at Costco and have been talking about saving up for it ever since.

Jacqui said...

Syd watched Tom & Jerry once and giggled about it for days.

Tabitha said...

LOL!! I, personally, love the title of your new feature. And I love the feature! :) Looking forward to reading more TNoftheAWSPWTBIM! :)

Jacqui said...

Thank you, Tabitha!

Diane T said...

I don't know who devised this nefarious chicken bomb, but they must have thought it would create poultry in motion.

J. Thorp said...

Nice, Diane! Except now I'm hearing the 1960 hit "Poetry in Motion," with all sorts of twisted new lyrics ...

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! I love your feature! Absurd things always put me in a good mood. :0)

Christy

Jacqui said...

c.r.evers, if that is the case, you are definitely in the right place...

(yes, here in Jacqui's Room we also sometimes rhyme unintentionally)

Diane T said...

Or sometimes we play with words with evil intent. Sorry about the cheep puns. When it comes to chicken-and-egg stories, I never can ovoid them.

Sharon Blankenship said...

Oh, Diane, you should be banished for a whole hour for those puns.