Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Made the Bestseller List!!!

In which I hope you will confuse the Nicola's Books monthly newsletter with the New York Times Book Review...

My favorite local independent bookstore is Nicola's Books. Lovely owner, strong kids section, nobody looks at me funny when I loiter in the Young Adult books, and Linda saves me ARCs* and even lets me keep them.

So imagine my glee when the fabulous Shutta Crum suggested I read the fine print in this month's Nicola's Books newsletter. Go look; click on the June newsletter link at the bottom left of the page. I'll wait. Keep looking, yup! That's The New Girl...And Me atop the top-selling children's books for the month list. I even beat out the pigeon.

I have a feeling the students at Bryant School are to be thanked for this. Even so, it's not bad for a book that's been out since 2006.

I am totally doing a happy dance.

*Advanced Reader Copies

10 comments:

J. Thorp said...

Congratulations. Is the Happy Dance to which you refer on YouTube yet?

Kristi Valiant said...

Congrats, Jacqui! How exciting!

Jacqui said...

Thanks, Kristi and Jim.

No, I am not on YouTube, but if I were cooler, it would be here.

J. Thorp said...

Cooler?! C'mon, coach, you'd fit right in!

Jacqui said...

Sigh. It's true. I am totally a nerdfighter.

Tabitha said...

Congratulations!! That's wonderful!! :)

J. Thorp said...

Aren't we all ...

Jacqui said...

Thanks, tabitha. And thanks for coming by and for the link.

Annette Gulati said...

Congratulations, Jacqui! I love New Girl!

Jacqui said...

Thanks, Annette! Good to see you here.