Saturday, November 1, 2008

It Was a Dark and, um, er...

Aah. Peace and quiet. November 1st. Time to start NaNoWriMo. Yippee. This is going to be so. much. fun. I can't wait.

Wait, I need a sip of coffee. Blech. This needs microwaved. Watch it spin. Spin spin spin. Beep! Mmm. Coffee. Ow! Hot. Duh.

Sit down. Open up Word. Where's the flashdrive? Oh, it's already in. Good. Time to write.

Was this chair always this uncomfortable?! What the heck? How am I supposed to write anything in this? How can I CREATE GENIUS in a FOLDING CHAIR?!

Okay, okay, okay. Stop stalling. Save the file so it can autosave. What to call it? No title. Of course you have no title, you have no plot. Oh my god. I have NO PLOT. Calm down. No plot, no problem, right? Gulp. Here we go!

Save as (typing) nanowrimo2. Begin. No really. BEGIN, moron.

Type type type...

Insert Clever Title Here
by Jacqui Robbins
.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven words. 49,993 to go. Woo-hoo!

Type, type, type...

Insert gripping first sentence that will leave readers unable to put book down here.

backspace backspace backspace...

...unable to put THE book down.

Okay, how many is that?

4 comments:

J. Thorp said...

Good luck, J -- I'll be writing, too, I promise!

C.R. Evers said...

Go Jacqui Go!!!!

Delete, then Go Jacqui Go!!1 (again)

You're a clever girl. You'll get in the groove!

Christy

Rena Jones said...

Amazing how you read my mind this morning!

Hope things are going better for you now, Jacqui. Funny, but I got my first 1700+ words down in less than an hour. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to work on getting the numbers up on the site. Now only if it would show up on my ticker!

Jacqui said...

Thanks, all, for the cheers. As of tonight, I have officially quit obsessing about folding chairs and have begun.