Monday, July 26, 2010

Who can help me find these things?

Attention Jacqui's Room reader(s):

I need your help finding something: July.

Like the whole month. I lost mine, apparently, because it's almost over and I can't remember what I did with it.

I mean, from the looks of this blog, you'd think I hadn't posted in two week, when in fact, I have been posting brilliant and hilarious items TWICE DAILY.*

I looked in my bag of marbles and it turns out most of them are lost too.

It's a household wide problem. Yesterday, I listened to Tink and Destructo have an extended argument entitled "Uno: are we or are we not playing with a full deck?"

In other news, I heard an all too familiar thumping and scratching sound in my attic this weekend.** Is it possible a new generation of flightless pigeons is out to get me?! Did they not read this blog last spring? Or do I now, in addition to everything else, literally have bats in my belfry? I will keep you updated.

* In my head.
** No joke. All three of these things actually happened this week. This is my life.

*** Photo from 826michigan's Liberty Street Robot Supply and Repair Store website. You can buy loose screws there, if you don't have enough already.

7 comments:

J. Thorp said...

Um. I think you mean "flightless pigeons"...because flying pigeons are just pigeons, and they flutter and coo more than scratch.

You need a break, Coach...

Diane T said...

I blame all the retailers who are already posting "BACK TO SCHOOL SALE" on signs and flyers. Expdel*, I was just getting used to it being summer and you've got me thinking it's over!

*expletive deleted, you can insert your own.

Jacqui said...

Thorp, of course I meant flightless. I fixed it in the post. Holy cow that is a dumb mistake. As far as a break, I do get to go to LA ALONE later this week...

Diane, exactly! Though I can hardly blame the retailers for making August start this weekend.

cath c said...

july, whaaa?

i have more than enough loose screws, thank you very much. now if i could just find them....

the way time is flying, toots will be graduating college next week, captain comic will be ruling the universe by then, while mr. cynic's rock band is being inducted into the rocknroll hall of fame.

Bradmouth said...

Be very careful. They could be gremlins. Did you leave any food in the attic after midnight, or perhaps spray it with a water hose?

theBrad (verla user)

Anonymous said...

Jacqui, you are not the only one who feels like they've lost July. My whole summer feels like a blur. I've done some blog posts, some writing, day to day stuff, but in the end, it all feels like one giant blur.

C.R. Evers said...

July? What's that?