Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 18 - Light in August

Welcome to Week #13 of our 15 Classics in 15 Weeks project.

Whose idea was this anyway? How many books is one woman supposed to read?!

Tomorrow, I will condense the major poetic masterpiece of America's most influential poet into a brief blog post on Leaves of Grass. Are you curious how I can possibly do so? Me too. Watch this space.

Meanwhile, this week, we will be discussing Faulkner's Light in August. Someone explain to me again why I picked this instead of As I Lay Dying; I can't remember.*

What are you reading this week?

* Actually, I am pretty excited about the Faulkner. But I will admit that when my 15 weeks are up, I may read nothing but the Twilight series and the New York Times magazine for a while.

5 comments:

Marcia said...

I am reading HOW IT HAPPENED ON PEACH HILL by Marthe Jocelyn, FOUND by Margaret Peterson Haddix, a book on nutrition (a fave subject of mine) and two books that are research for my WIP. I have more waiting for pick-up at the library, and I get giddy at the prospect of everything I'm looking forward to. How many books is one woman supposed to read? I guess the only answer is "More!"

Angela said...

Wow! This is going to be great reading your blog posts!

I'm currently reading YA:
CHOICES (just finished), I'M BEING FOLLOWED BY A MOON SHADOW (almost finished), and IN THE NAME OF GOD (I'm really sucked into this story...can't wait to finish it!)

Jacqui said...

Marcia, I am curious about FOUND; how is it?

Angela, I'm so glad you think so, but the pressure! "I'm Being Followed by a Moon Shadow" is a great title (and song reference).

Elise Murphy said...

I'm reading The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing,and Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

I'm also watching the Olympics and reading blogs. Does that count?

Jacqui said...

Oh, Elise, the Olympics are seriously hampering my ability to focus. Who knew watching someone else jump on a trampoline could be so much more interesting than writing a novel?