Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Hanukkah, evil genius

Oh, there is so much about which to blog -- Ohio! The solstice! What the heck is wrong with my big toe!

But last night was the first night of Hanukkah, and I have to give you your first present. I got this idea from my local NPR station, who is taking requests for "sound gifts" this season. The one I heard was someone who loved the call of mourning doves (my favorite bird also; click on the link to hear the call), but who had moved somewhere she never heard it. So, as a gift, they played 30 seconds of mourning dove calls.

And I thought, I want to give my bloggy readers something to say thanks for coming by. I have had much more fun here in Jacqui's Room than I ever thought I would, but I never would have made my initial six month trial period if nobody had listened. So, mush mush love love thanks. And for the next eight days, I will be sharing things I hope make you smile, things that make me feel the world might be okay after all, starting with

Gift #1: Jonathan Coulton singing Skullcrusher Mountain, a song about an evil genius in love. Because I couldn't make a half-pony monster. Listen to the words. And if you like, go to his website and listen to the Sir Mix-a-Lot cover or any one of a gabillion other good tunes...

5 comments:

Elise Murphy said...

Happy Hanukkah! We lit the candles and after a nice meal, Thing Two said, "I want to be zombies." Bit of a non-sequitor but it turns out Mr. Encyclopedia Man bought the girls a set of pirate/zombie/skeleton figures and made up an elaborate dice game in the spirit of Dungeons and Dragons. What more could you ask of a holiday?

Thanks for the great video. Can't wait to see what's coming next.

Jacqui said...

Isn't that what the Jews did after they rebuilt the Temple, Elise?

Rena Jones said...

Cool song!

Anonymous said...

I played the mourning doves, and my cat freaked! so funny. He was all ready to do some huntin'.

Happy Holidays!

Jacqui said...

Anna, heh heh. Will have to try it on mine.

Rena, thanks!