Rena was kind of enough to nominate Jacqui's Room for the Honest Scrap, an award for telling it like it is. Which I fear is a euphemism for "unedited oversharing," but we take our kudos where we can get them around here.
This time, I did not spend all night attempting to trace the origins of the award. But that is only because I spent all night trying to download a printer driver. We will have to trust that the Honest Scrap award did not originate somewhere terrible.
I am to post 10 honest things about myself and then pass the award on to seven other blogs who tell it like it is. This is hard; I mean, you already know my house is in chaos and I'm a big dork. But I'll try.
10. Sometimes I make inappropriate jokes to myself and laugh out loud. I'm doing it right now. Imagine all the horrible things I could write on this list. Heh heh.
9. I listen to loud music that is not appropriate to share here. Sometimes I listen to my iPod and giggle at the vast space between how I look and how it sounds in my head.
8. It is possible I have a small addiction to the internet.
7. Someday I really, really, really, want to direct another play.
6. When my sister and I get going, I think we're the funniest people on earth.
5. I have never broken a single bone in my body.
4. I am so superstitious that I almost didn't write #5 and I will have to knock on wood every time I read it.
3. Which I will do a million times, because I obsessively read my own blog posts before I publish them.
2. I have a monster ego. Seriously. Gigantic. But somehow I'm also always convinced everyone hates me.
1. I don't deserve this award. I am actually a great liar. It's true. Don't tell.
And to pass it on. I can't think of seven. I always try to pick blogs I think you may not have seen, so I'm limited, but check out:
Holy Guacamole, where T writes my secret fears,
Colorado Writer, who writes the ups and downs of writing without hiding anything, and
Resident Alien, who is not afraid to explore and share her thoughts on a variety of topics.