Monday, October 20, 2008

Seven Reasons WhyMo

In today's No, Seriously. Just Try It I encourage you to make your families hate me even more than they did when I convinced you to spend all summer inside reading.


Why try NaNoWriMo?*

1. Because practice makes perfect and even if nobody ever sees a word of what you write, you'll have learned something.

2. Because you're like me and you do your best writing when you trick your Inner Editor into shutting down because you're "just messing around."

3. Because even if you're not a writer you always wanted to write a novel and you know deep down it's never going to happen unless you do it fast.

4. Because you can be my writing "buddy."

5. Because "I must finish my novel!" is a great way to get out of Thanksgiving dinner clean up.

6. Because there are absolutely zero consequences for signing up and failing to finish.

7. Because it's so much fun.


No, seriously. Just try it. Who's in?


* National Novel Writing Month. NOT just for professional writers. Click for more info.

15 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

This is my first year trying NaNO! I'm so excited! My user name on the nano site is ChristyRE

Go Nano!

Christy

Angela Ackerman said...

I'm leaning toward nanoing...it is a load of fun. The forums there are great to browse, even for peeps not participating.

J. Thorp said...

I haven't finished the last challenge, J -- but I will promise to write nightly through the month of November. Deal?

sruble said...

I'm in! I'm in! WooHoo! Go NaNo Writers Go!!! :)

Stephanie said...

This is my 4th year for NaNo:)

cindy said...

throws in chai lattes, bon bons, croissants, pumpkin muffins...

i'm ALL IN! all in, baby!

what's your handle??? have i added you yet?? i'm XIAOTIEN. buddy me, please!

Anonymous said...

Well, Jacqui, I did it. I signed up. My life now belongs to the computer for the month. . . The ENTIRE month of November. I think I'm going to throw up. Or have diarrhea. Or a stroke. Or cry. Oh my God. What have I gotten myself into?
Sharon

Amber Lough said...

Ok, I guess I can allow you to do NaNoWriMo, but you must try to join me in JamNoWriMo this Spring.

Seriously, just try it.

Jacqui said...

Angela, do it! Do it!

thorp, yes! Deal.

Christy, sruble, Stephanie, Cindy, we are going to have so. much. fun. I'm tinkerbells.mama over there -- be my friend!

Jacqui said...

Sharon! I am so glad! Don't vomit -- save it for the page.

Amber, methinks you are making fun of me. :) No NaNo for the expectant mother; my ninth month with Destructo was like a "Ham-on-Rye-Mo." JamNo and I will be waiting for you whenever you're ready.

Write2ignite said...

okay, so I did it. I've gone over the edge and signed up.

Help.

Jacqui said...

Wordwrangler! I'm so glad!

Welcome to the pit of despair...

Write2ignite said...

Gee. I feel so warm and fuzzy now.

Tabitha said...

Well, I didn't think I was going to do it this year. It goes against my entire writing process. But I signed up anyway. Go figure. :)

I have no writing buddies, so please be my buddy! My user ID is 'tabwriter.' Of course. :)

Jacqui said...

Tabitha, yay! I think you'll have a blast.